Can someone please take the initiative to file a suit against these guys? I have evidence that they contacted me, phone records and emails. I believe they hacked all of my web domains as well. I don't have the resources to initiate this by myself but would like to be of assistance.
They typically called me from an 877 area code
I called them initially and I believe they called be back from a call centre at this number:
877-477-5*** (i dont think this is a personal number but incase I dont want to be held liable in case)
This was an email sent from Hostgator that initiated the entire fiasco:
Dear Your name here,
We've recently collaborated with our longtime security partner, SiteLock, to help you -- our valued customer -- add even more protection to your web presence! Website security is something we take very seriously at HostGator. For that reason, as part of your hosting package we'll be including a basic malware scan for your domains that don't currently have SiteLock, free of charge.
This scan will identify known malware and acts as a simple "alarm system" by sending you an email alert as soon as something malicious has been detected, giving you time to react prior to being blacklisted by search engines.
To provide more information on this scan, and to address any concerns you may have about its legitimacy, we've created this article, which offers additional details. For other ways to secure your website, please feel free to reach out to our trusted security advisors at 877-563-2849 today.
The HostGator Team
*HostGator does not guarantee SiteLock scan results.
Do you see the part in the email where Hostgator distanced themselves from Sitelock?
They also have ALL of our personal information, you automatically have an account signed up with them when you sign up with hostgator.
I've went into my "sitelock" account which I didn't even know I had and there's a form with all my personal information pre populated. I only knew I had an account because the rep that called me had me reset my password (I was previously unable to access it if I recall correctly)
I will not update my webdomains and I recommend anyone else effected by sitelock do the same. If we get a class action lawsuit against these guys we will need proof. Some of you guys have diagnostic logs indicating you saw an attack from their ips, keep these logs. Also Im guessing these hackers are amateurs, probably attacked everyone with the same malware, this means if we can link all these cases together in court if 1 case goes through. Of course now that they know, they'll just change strategies. I'm going to take all my sites offline so they dont have access to my servers, I'll still have the code in my possession which they won't be able to alter.
Anyone know if we can rope in Hostgator as well for allowing this to happen? or does their asterisk alleviate them from any responsibility?
I will keep the name of the individual who called me private for now.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No security
- Poor service
- Monthly packages
- Them tried to fraude me
- Reason of review:
- Hacked my domain
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sitelock Plan
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The license key for my Norton Utilities 14.5 will no longer activate my copy of the program when I once again install the program on my computer rebuilt with a..."
- "Some of the chain of Events (Below are the main points of the chain of events. This page would not be enough to list every single detail that incurred while..."
- "A long story short: I was a Dropbox client happily paying $49.99 (£33.15) a month for 5TB of storage on their Pro package. I make corporate videos and I keep all my..."
- "Today I noticed a charge for $258.90 (CAD) on my VISA card for a JDate subscription. I called to cancel this as I do not use the site anymore and..."
- "Said breeder, Lila Kyriakopolous, sold us a sick Pomeranian puppy on February 2nd, 2013. We paid $850 and she gave us a health guarantee. She also did not vaccinate the..."
- "IQor is Ignorant of Rogers Open Cable Boxes in Downtown Ottawa. iQor believes every claim that Rogers has passed to them for Collections. iQor really gets a kick out of..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- "After learning the hard way that my kindergarten son's school has never been able to reach me via telephone, Only a recorded msg that the call can not be completed..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."