Sitelock - Class action lawsuit please

37 of 77 Sitelock reviews

Can someone please take the initiative to file a suit against these guys? I have evidence that they contacted me, phone records and emails. I believe they hacked all of my web domains as well. I don't have the resources to initiate this by myself but would like to be of assistance.

They typically called me from an 877 area code

I called them initially and I believe they called be back from a call centre at this number:

877-477-5*** (i dont think this is a personal number but incase I dont want to be held liable in case)

This was an email sent from Hostgator that initiated the entire fiasco:

Start Email

===

Dear Your name here,

We've recently collaborated with our longtime security partner, SiteLock, to help you -- our valued customer -- add even more protection to your web presence! Website security is something we take very seriously at HostGator. For that reason, as part of your hosting package we'll be including a basic malware scan for your domains that don't currently have SiteLock, free of charge.

This scan will identify known malware and acts as a simple "alarm system" by sending you an email alert as soon as something malicious has been detected, giving you time to react prior to being blacklisted by search engines.

To provide more information on this scan, and to address any concerns you may have about its legitimacy, we've created this article, which offers additional details. For other ways to secure your website, please feel free to reach out to our trusted security advisors at 877-563-2849 today.

Best Wishes,

The HostGator Team

*HostGator does not guarantee SiteLock scan results.

End Email

=====

Do you see the part in the email where Hostgator distanced themselves from Sitelock?

They also have ALL of our personal information, you automatically have an account signed up with them when you sign up with hostgator.

I've went into my "sitelock" account which I didn't even know I had and there's a form with all my personal information pre populated. I only knew I had an account because the rep that called me had me reset my password (I was previously unable to access it if I recall correctly)

I will not update my webdomains and I recommend anyone else effected by sitelock do the same. If we get a class action lawsuit against these guys we will need proof. Some of you guys have diagnostic logs indicating you saw an attack from their ips, keep these logs. Also Im guessing these hackers are amateurs, probably attacked everyone with the same malware, this means if we can link all these cases together in court if 1 case goes through. Of course now that they know, they'll just change strategies. I'm going to take all my sites offline so they dont have access to my servers, I'll still have the code in my possession which they won't be able to alter.

Anyone know if we can rope in Hostgator as well for allowing this to happen? or does their asterisk alleviate them from any responsibility?

I will keep the name of the individual who called me private for now.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Misrepresentation
    • No security
    • Poor service
    • Monthly packages
    • Them tried to fraude me

Reason of review:
Hacked my domain
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Sitelock Plan
Review category
Software
review #820193 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sitelock? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
37 of 77 Sitelock reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 09 #1183156 Sainte-Catherine, Quebec, Canada

Sitelock contacted me and funny enough...after I told them that I was not interested in their services did all my sites get infected.

0 0 Reply

Mar 31 #1136920

We had the same issue with another Endurance International Group (EIG) hosting provider. However, our account was totally empty of all files! We received an email from SiteLock stating they found malicious code on our website. Interesting as there weren't any files. We had already moved our websites to another hosting provider.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.