Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

I host with BlueHost.My website got hacked.

Bluehost redirects you to Sitelock for help, AFTER you buy the $98 annual fix plan. Then all you get is a sales person who tries to sell you more. NO HELP FOR WHAT I JUST BOUGHT. I have a 3 page website and they wanted me to pay $100/month.

10 minutes after I hung up they called my husband who is also on my Bluehost account and tried to get him to buy it cause I didn't seem to know what I was doing. This is complete Bullshxx. Bluehost needs to rethink this partnership.

It is ruining their reputation.Stay away from them

Review about: Sitelock Anti-malware Software.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Scam.

Had an Experience with Sitelock?

Comments

WhiteFirDesign

Bluehost is owned by the Endurance International Group (EIG), which also owns quite a few other web hosting brands.

The Endurance International Group discloses in financial documents that SiteLock's majority owners are also the CEO and a board member of the Endurance International Group: https://www.whitefirdesign.com/blog/2016/09/08/one-of-sitelocks-owners-is-also-the-ceo-of-many-of-the-companys-web-hosting-partners/, so it seems unlikely they will reconsider their partnership since the people running the company are certainly aware of what SiteLock is up to. We have also heard that lower level people at the company are aware of the problems and are not happy about what is going on.

Endurance International Group also disclosed to investors in May of 2015 that they receive 55 percent of the revenue from their partnership with SiteLock: https://www.whitefirdesign.com/blog/2016/09/09/sitelock-hosting-partner-gets-majority-of-fees-for-sitelock-services/.