1.4
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

Nov 2016 I hired SiteLock (via BlueHost web hosting company) for 6 months at $99/month to protect my high school memorabilia web site.It was a 6 month commitment and paid with my AMEX card.

Each month Sitelock billed and AMEX paid. After 7 payments/months I called AND emailed numerous times to cancel my account. No response from Sitelock except one rep who emailed me to " call back at regular business hours (M-F)". Well, after 4 calls (over 2 weeks) to billing (always got VOICE MAIL and no call backs), I finally called main # and argued my way into finally talking to billing (main # also got billing voice mail and I insisted they try again).

BILLING REFUSED TO CANCEL, putting me on hold 3 times (total of over 31 minutes!!!!), and stating (1) I hadn't fulfilled my contract (I had), and, that (2) I needed to call back exactly at the billing anniversary DAY because that's what I had agreed to in order to cancel at the required 30 day window. !!!!!! MY CURRENT CALL WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CANCEL in the future even though I had paid 7 months (they said 5) already. AMEX verified the 7 payments.

And so I asked AMEX to stop all bills from the SiteLock people as I have proof from AMEX that I paid as required. SiteLock treated me VERY badly... and looking for on-line reviews (including youtube) verifies that I'm not the only one.

It seems that the only good reviews are from co-marketers of their product.NEVER AGAIN!!!

Review about: Sitelock Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Fraud with contract, Poor service.

Had an Experience with Sitelock?

Comments