Sketchy business! My site got compromised so I got the Sitelock911.

After Sitelock911, the site's function was damaged. Of course their job was to delete all the malware they find, who cares if your site will look like a mess afterward. I called in to talk to an agent, and he was trying to get me to buy their maintenance plan where they would fix the damaged files for me, for $100/month for 6-12 months for one single website. I figured I'd rather start fresh than having to deal with the mess since it would take me probably less than a week to rebuild the site anyway.

Then here comes the lie: the agent told me I have to change my domain and server in order to prevent the malware from coming back, since the vulnerabilities are linked to my IP address. Of course it would make a person more likely to buy the maintenance plan if they were to lose their domain right. I talked to GoDaddy and they said there is no such thing, all I need to do was to reset my domain and the site is completely clean.

What a sketchy way to do business. Not to mention Sitelock 911 was a total waste of money since I had to reset the website and rebuild it anyway

Product or Service Mentioned: Sitelock Technical Support.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 18, 2016.

Comments